Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 3rd-These are the Days of Our Lives






Day 3 has involved a relaxing day in Maryville.  The day has included an am run with the dog, a shower with a shower curtain, a visit with my grandmother, a lunch where for the 1st time I had a Miller 64, chillin' at my mom's crib, a vodka tonic, plenty of entertainment trying to combine my animals with my mom's 2 cats, a walk to DQ, and the night is still young.

Read on if you would like to learn of some details to the day.

Am Run: I realized I haven't run in 2 weeks b/c of the move and I could feel it.  Never thought running for 25 minutes could wear me out so much.  Looks like I need to put my game face on and really put into practice that Eugene is called "The Running Capitol of the Country".

Grammy: If you know the relationship I have with my grandmother, today was no different.  It involved me telling my grandmother that if she could tolerate her leg wraps for just a few hours it was better than nothing.  To which she replied (while giving me the evil eye), "If you were in my skin you wouldn't be saying that to me."  I really do love my grandma despite all this.

Lunch:  I had a soup and salad.  Nothing interesting as I've decided that if I'm going to start running again I should diet like I mean it.  That being the case, I ordered a bottle of MGD 64, only had 2 buffalo wings, and 1 jalepeno popper.  I have nothing but positive things to say about the beverage considering it's a few steps above water.  We did a taste comparison using my beer and my mother's Michelob Ultra.  64 was the decided winner all the way around the table.

My Animals vs My Mom and Kim's Animals:  I do believe my cat and dog came out on top.  A lot more hissing came from my mom's cats, but considering my animals walk around like they've lived here for years tells you the score.

DQ: Who am I kidding, I'm not on a running diet.

A quick explanation of the pictures: You can see a picture of my mom's house, a few pictures of us on their new handicap accessible deck made for my lovely grandmother, and a picture of Kim trying to calm his cat down.


3 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading of your travels so far, although I must question everyone's judgement on the MGD 64. I bought some once, and it was probably the roughest beer I've ever had -- I think it put hair on my chest. I'll stick with my 64 calories of Miller Lite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelob Ultra and MGD 64....there are just so many things I could say, I just don't know where to start...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, Jim; soon they will be in Microbrew heaven in Oregon. They had to get this out of their system before spoiling themselves with good beer.

    ReplyDelete