Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August 30th-The Covered Wagon






Warning: This has nothing to do with farting in bed.  Find another blog if that's what you are looking for.  

Penske somehow allowed Alex and I to rent a 22' yellow "wagon" to move across the country.  You can see a lovely picture of me signing our life away to the man behind the counter.  I think he thought he was getting a great deal.  At first they tried to pull up a 16' truck.  I used my excellent math skills and the power of visual observation to correct him and get the bigger truck.  I did a lot of heavy lifting that day, but not nearly as much if Erica and John hadn't come to help us.  Good thing we got the 22 footer b/c the thing is packed.

3 comments:

  1. I bet there will be plenty of farting in the cab of the truck, though! Drive safely...see you soon. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're hitting the Oregon Trail? I made that journey about 20 years ago. Remember, you can stop in Independence, Mo., to stock up on supplies (although I doubt the guy at the general store will be as super-fly as the brotha who sold you the wagon). And watch out for signs of dysentery and cholera -- I lost a lot of good elementary school classmates that way.

    ReplyDelete