Thursday, September 3, 2009

Night of September 1st-Jesus Denied a Room (aka Carwyn and Tesni)






Our first night trying to find a hotel was more difficult than expected.  Trying to find a place that allowed pets and had a place where we could park the truck was very challenging.  The one place where we thought we could sneak the pets in had a house party of 80 college students raging on the balcony.  We quickly decided to move on to the next town.  So we decided to stay in Shelbyville, Kentucky.

We arrived at a hotel that our AAA Tour Guide listed as a Holiday Express.  Only the Holiday was blacked out, making it Express Inn.  I can only imagine what happens at an Express Inn.  I think it has something to do with hourly rates and women I call "Professionals".  Concerns started to mount, but hell they told me pets were ok and the parking lot was empty (plenty of room for the truck).  We headed up to the room, which was surprisingly nice.  I looked in the bathroom to see that we had no towels or soap.  I went downstairs, where the GM said, "It's hard to get good help these days.  I've had to fire almost all of my house cleaners b/c they stole the soaps."  Tracking down towels was easy.  Tracking down soap proved more difficult, but eventually we came across one lone bar.  In the morning, I realized that there wasn't a shower curtain on the shower.  Taking a shower w/o a curtain proved to be a fun change to the routine.  Hell, I don't have to clean up the puddle of water on the floor.

Other events during the night: If you don't know my dog, for some reason he loves to eat cat poop.  The liter box had to be blocked off w/ chairs to avoid any miss events.  However, we awoke in the middle of the night to Carwyn feverishly drinking water.  Somehow he had broken through the barricade and eaten the cat poop w/o us waking up.  Note the empty cat box.  The comedy ensued when we began calling Carwyn a "turd burglar". 

1 comment: