Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 2nd-Missouri Loves Company






Day 2 of driving involved a 10 hour drive to my mother's house in Maryville, MO.  No night driving=No raging truckers.  I put in the 1st Spice Girls album (that's right, it's Alex's), which induced much hilarity revolving around the Spice Girls themselves.  Alex actually knows quiet a bit of Spice Girl facts.  For instance, Posh Spice never gets to sing b/c she's the pretty face of the band.  Apparently, she only gets crappy one liners which she sings like crap.  Of course Alex makes up a crappy one liner and sings it in his crappiest voice, "You want to make a chocolate candy bar, you need to start by making chocolate."  This may not sound funny as you read it, but I was laughing for 2 minutes straight easily.  I'm also surprised (or scared) that Alex knows which Spice Girl is singing during the songs.

The picture of Alex sitting next to me in the truck we lovingly call, "Honey, it's just like old times in high school."  All said in a red neck accent.

I've included a picture of the truck and the car carrier so you have a really good idea of what our lane changes look like.  

I also took a picture of the defensive driving sticker on the dashboard.  I really enjoy the picture of "Use Your Mirrors" as the truck is running a small car off the road.

We rode a cheetah to White Castle on Day 2.  If you at all like stoner movies rent Herald and Kumar Go to White Castle.  It is just a fast food joint, but after the Herald and Kumar movie we had to try it.  I can see how if you were high you would want to eat 50 of these little burgers.

Last picture, I grabbed a shot of The Arch as we passed over the Missouri River into Saint Louis.

Scariest driving moment on Day 2.  Again, I'm driving.  Let's remember that I'm driving a very heavy truck that takes forever to make any changes in velocity (or is it speed).  I'm driving N on I-29 doing 70.  All of a sudden a little motor bike cuts in front of me doing 60.  I slam on my brakes, lay on the horn and switched lanes.  Awesome trucker skills on my part.  I suddenly realize what happens to all my patients that end up in motorcycle accidents in the hospital.  Lesson of the day: Stupidity=Death.   

3 comments:

  1. Am I the only one who finds it troubling that Alex knows so much about the Spice Girls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Dad, you're not the only one. I was a 13-year-old girl when the Spice Girls were at the height of their popularity, which would make me a prime candidate for being a super fan. And yet I know no Spice Facts. I think Alex owes us all an explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoken like a true medical professional, April!

    Looks to me like you're doing all the driving AND all the blogging. Tell Alex to get his ass in gear.

    ReplyDelete